You can make a batch of these, cut them into squares, wrap each square in wax paper, place in an air tight container and store them in the freezer. Anytime you need a quick snack or fuel before a workout these are perfect! They are one of my favorite go-to snacks.
1 cup dried apricots (I use 1/2 apricots and 1/2 prunes or raisins) (I LOVE prunes!)
2 pecans (I have used a mix of pecans, walnuts and almonds)
1/4 tsp real salt (or sea salt)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, I chop the chocolate chips a little before I add them)
1. Place apricots (or prunes/raisins) and pecans in a food processor and pulse until the texture of coarse gravel. (After this step I move the mixture into a mixing bowl before I continue)
2. Pulse in eggs, salt and vanilla until mixture forms a ball.
3. Remove the mixture from the food processor and work in the chocolate chips.
4. Place mixture in a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Cool before cutting into squares. They store well individually wrapped placed in a container in the freezer or in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!